We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

Hi

Myself and 5 friends (6 in total) plan to attend Tomorrowland Festival. We will only attend on the Friday night (26th July 2013), and will be staying in a hostel in Antwerp (close to Central Station). However, we are finding difficulty in finding a method of transport to get back to our hostel on Friday Night at 1/2 am when the concert has finished, as public transport has finished by this time.

We know certain companies run bus services during Tomorrowland, however this is normally part of purchasing a Global Journey package. However, we do not want airplane travel or a hotel package, therefore we will only be booking regular one-day tickets for the festival.

We were wondering firstly, whether anyone knows about buses from Boom back to Antwerp on that Friday Night, and if so if we could book 6 seats on one of these buses separately (not through Tomorrowland).

If this is not an option, we appreciate any other information or advice you may have.

Thanks for your time!

Joe

Miami Beach, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

i tried emailing them. no answer yet and its been several days. dont expect an answer at this point.

one last question, other than that, thank you for your help! youve been extremely helpful and this is exactly the information i was looking for! last question: which bus station in boom is best used to access the festival?

thanks again!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

Hi! I'll be staying in Antwerp, but at an apartment about 10 mins drive away from the Central Station. I'm just wondering is it easy to get a taxi from the station after I take the bus from Boom to Antwerp?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,043 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

@PatMcGroin: Boom is little more than a village, the closest thing it has to a bus station is a couple of (De Lijn) bus stops outside the railway station and in Markt, the main square! However, the #500 bus from/to Antwerp stops right outside the De Schorre Provincial Recreation Ground where the festival is held, according to this (in Dutch but I think you'll get the drift - Hoofdingang means main entrance): …msn.com/spartacusrun/…bereikbaarheid.pdf - which also states that for the other buses mentioned it is only 10 mins walk from there to Markt.

@Xyrias, there are always taxis outside the stations Antwerpen-Centraal (Pelikaanstraat) and Antwerpen-Berchem (Posthoflei), but it might also help to have a taxi phone number in your pocket, just in case, e.g. 32-3/238 9825 - 32-3/569 1451 (or you can download the app from http://m.taxi4me.net/antwerp!). There's a list of Antwerp taxi ranks on visitantwerpen.be/bezoekerssite-fr/visiteurs… and the link at the bottom leads you to nearly 2 pages of taxi services.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

Thanks! Just another quick question, will the trams still be running in the early hours of the morning? Just realize the apartment is near the K. De Pretelei/ Brougerhout De Preter stations.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,043 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

Borgerhout/De Preter and K. De Preter/Bikschotelaan are not stations but tram/bus stops but no - apart from night buses on Fri/Sat, public transport stops around midnight/00:30 and begins again at around 05:00/05:30 - the 500 bus happens to be an exception, it runs until about 2 a.m. However, if the De Preter stop is convenient, this is only 3 tram stops from Antwerpen-Berchem station, which means it is within relatively easy walking distance of the station.

If you want to check actual finishing times of the trams involved, De Preter is on tram lines 4 and 9 from Berchem station and Gitschottellei is on line 31 from the same station (roundabout route). You can find timetables on here http://reisinfo.delijn.be/dienstregelingen/ (enter 4 or whatever in the lijnnummer box and ANTWERPEN in the box "gemeente", select date and click on "zoeken": this gives you, for example, …delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Dienstregelingen… then click "download" and you get …delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Kalender2011/Ant…

For network map see (limited to the Borgerhout area and not the whole of Antwerp): delijn.be/images/ANTWERPEN_Borgerhout-Deurne… - for the whole of Antwerp, see delijn.be/images/Antwerpen%20-%20Edegem%20-%… (both from http://www.delijn.be/reisinformatie/netplannen/ant.htm?ComponentId=17010&SourcePageId=1669).

And here is a map showing where to find each tram/bus at Berchem station: delijn.be/images/berchem_station_tcm7-6899.p…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

Thanks for your help! :) One final question - if I were to take the tram to Antwerpen Centraal and then take the 500 bus to Boom, would you recommend getting the 3 day pass (as I will be going to Tomorrowland for all 3 days), or do I have to purchase each journey separately?

Miami Beach, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

any updated information anywhere on the extras buses (line 500) running from boom to antwerp?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,043 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

See http://www.delijn.be/images/Tomorrowland%20'13%20met%20De%20Lijn_tcm7-37068.pdf - although it merely states that the last trip from Boom to Antwerp is after the end of the festival day - which was probably already the case with normal departure times, but presumably there will also be more than one bus covering that departure, to cope with the crowds. Now also indicates that transport is free to those with Tomorrowland tickets.

Uppsala, Uppsala...
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

Just FYI, for anyone, last year there were buses free of charge both from Antwerp -> Boom and back

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,043 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Tomorrowland 2013 Transport - BOOM TO ANTWERP

As I just said: (Tomorrowland website) "Now also indicates that transport is free to those with Tomorrowland tickets."

The buses between Boom and Antwerp being De Lijn service #500 - and some others, as detailed in previous links.