We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

Kent, England...
4 posts
Save Topic
Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

Hello good people on the Antwerp forum!

I'm heading over for a week's work in Antwerp from the UK and prefer to drive. I am quite used to driving in Belgium but don't fancy taking my car into Antwerpen Central for 4 nights due to the cost and the stress of finding where I am going.

So if I were to drive to Beveren and leave my car at the station, do you think it is safe/allowed or 4 nights?

Thank you!

Scott

Mentioned in this post
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,958 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

I don't know this particular car park so can't answer re safety aspects, but there is no reason why you can't leave the car for 4 days: there is supposedly a rule that you can't leave a car on the public highway (street parking) for more than a week, but 4 days would be fine even there.

Kent, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

Thanks for the info Qaminari, I think I'll give it a go at Beveren

Antwerp
Level Contributor
380 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

Actually, there are several good options, to leave your car.

You can follow the Highway->Breda, and take exit "Merksem/Metropolis".

Metropolis is a huge Cinema complex, about 500 meters from the Exit.

There you can leave your car, for free (and this one is guarded by dog patrol during the night) and take the Tram into town.

www.theagenda.nl/v52717_metropolis.html?bgm=1

You can also take exit Antwerp-LO. (Linker Oever/Left Bank)

There is a big P&R, and from there you can take the tram into Antwerp City.

www.antwerphotel.nl/plattegrond/centrum/1325/

You can even drive all the way to "Schelde" @Linker Oever, leave your car, and go by food under the Schelde, you will arrive directly into Old town, very close to the Cathedral.

Several others, but it depend in what direction you need to go, @ Antwerp City.

;o))

Mentioned in this post
Breda
Breda
North Brabant Province, The Netherlands
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

On Linkeroever you can since few weeks only park your car for an hour. It is Blauwe Zone: you have to put up your card that displays your arriving time and have to leave on time. Only residents can park longer.

Kent, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

Hi Maenan and Flcrx, thank you for the additional information. I've had a look online and like the look of the Cinema complex parking even though it looks a little in the wrong direction for me, but in reality it probably isnt. I'm staying near the central Antwerp station.

I guess I'll flip a coin tomorrow between Beveren and Merksem. I'll update the thread when I return home so hopefully others can benefit from the info in the future.

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
27 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

Hello

I live in Beveren so I know the place well. There is a big parking at the station where you can park your car. You don't have to pay for it. I think it's pretty save out there.

I hope I could help you!

Kent, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

So I did park at Beveren and everything was fine. Finding the town, parking and catching the train (18 mins to Antwerpen Central) was very easy and no stress whatsoever. I'd definitely recommend it if you don't fancy taking the car into the city.

Thank you to everyone who offered information on this thread.

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

Well online and like the attending of the Cinema circuitous parking even admitting it looks a little in the amiss administration for me, but in absoluteness it apparently isnt. I'm blockage abreast the axial Antwerp station.

Mentioned in this post
Antwerp
Antwerp
9. Re: Car Parking at Beveren Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 15, 2013