We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment in Antwerp

London England
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Apartment in Antwerp

Hi

Have found a nice apartment to stay on van stralenstraat 49/51 and wondered if somebody could let me know if this is a nice area and how far it is from the tourist centre of Antwerp.

Many thanks

Avril

Keerbergen, Belgium
Level Contributor
239 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment in Antwerp

Hi Avril

It is close to everything! It is "in" the city centre, in a small street in a lively & multicultural neighbourhood.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment in Antwerp

No, it's not a nice area. That neighbourhood doesn't have the best reputation and I, being a local, would not go out there at night all by myself.

It's a 25 min. walk to the historical centre (Grote Markt).

London England
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment in Antwerp

Hi

Thanks for your answers but I am now totally confused having two totally different replies. I do appreciate them but I don't know whether to book the apartment or not. Please could somebody confirm what the area is like.

Many thanks

Avril

Keerbergen, Belgium
Level Contributor
239 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment in Antwerp

Dear Avril

I see you are from London, so I suppose you are used to being in a "city". You will be okay in that area. Do not worry!

It is walking distance for the major public transport station (Franklin Roosevelt), where the bus & trams stop to bring you to the most attractive places in and around Antwerp. There is a lot more to see than the historical center, you know!

Take a look at google maps to see how far everyting is!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
285 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment in Antwerp

Hi Avril,

I'm not easily scared and often walk through the city at night, but i also don't like the area around the van stralenstraat. If you're with a group of friends it's no big deal, but i wouldn't like to walk there alone at night.

Ivy

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
469 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment in Antwerp

Hi

Trust those who say you should NOT stay there. I am not the one that does not go there at night. I pass there from time to time, also at night. But I am a local. The neighbourhood is not nice, no need to stay there.

7. Re: Apartment in Antwerp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 24, 2009