We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please--how is this for location

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
319 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Please--how is this for location

So, I have another apartment rental possibility. We are trying to get to Antwerp with the three kids in tow. Can you tell me what you think of this area -- this is how they describe it: "This well located corner house is situated in the trendy city center named 'the south'.The flat looks on to the new prestigious Palace of Justice, build in 2006 by arch.Rogers, and the Museum of Modern Art (500m),the Museum of Fine Arts (100m)." They did not give an exact location, but I will ask them for it now. Thank you so much.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please--how is this for location

The South is indeed a trendy neighbourhood. Lots of restaurants and cafés there, but a fair walk (20 min.) to the historical centre. It's safe, and I wouldn't mind staying there if I couldn't find something nice in the very centre.

Antwerp
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please--how is this for location

The 'South' area is nice, but the fact they write the flat is facing the new palace of justice could mean it's located on a busy street so try to find out the name of that street and post it here so we can give feedback here :-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
319 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please--how is this for location

Thanks. The apartment is located on Leopold de Waelstraat. Do you know the street? This is the only apartment for 5 people I have found available in the entire city, so I can't be picky, unfortunately. I don't mind a little noise, we just couldn't take it if it were seedy.

Antwerp
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please--how is this for location

Hi, it a side street of the Leopold de Wael square, which is one of the hearts of the south area so it's in a superb location.

And it's not one of the main streets for car traffic, so there shouldn't be a noise problem. except maybe in summertime on weekends, because it's close to the square. If that might bother you, try to find the housenumber ! Seriously :)

did you check the immoweb.be site ?

i find it hard to believe that in such a huge city there would only be one flat suiting you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
319 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please--how is this for location

Thanks for your help. That is very reassuring. And, yes, there doesn't seem to be a good source for Antwerp short-term vacation rentals. Maybe for a party of 2, it would be easier. We are also going next month, so I'm lucky to have gotten an apartment at all.

6. Re: Please--how is this for location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 19, 2009