We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Amsterdam to Antwerp

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
4 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Amsterdam to Antwerp

I am planning to visit both Amsterdam and Antwerp. Does anyone know how much it cost for a train ticket (single) cost from Amsterdam to Antwerp?

I will be leaving from London, found on some website that you can get a Eurostar return ticket to any Dutch station for 69 pounds return. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, can I board the train from Antwerp instead of Amsterdam on the way back to London?

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Amsterdam to Antwerp

If you buy a Eurostar ticket London/Amsterdam/London, you will have to return to Amsterdam to board your Eurostar back to London.

A single ticket Amsterdam-Antwerp on the intercity train costs 28,80 euro (57,60 return).

HK
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Amsterdam to Antwerp

Thank you...

HK
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Amsterdam to Antwerp

I found on some old post that I can get a Midlfex Super Day return will cost you 36 euro roundtrip. Can I book this type of ticket online?

Also, I am planning to come to Antwerp to purchase an engagement ring. Is it really cheaper in Antwerp? Where can I find a reliable seller?

Thanks...

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Amsterdam to Antwerp

Midflex super day return costs indeed 36 euro. This type of ticket is not valid before 9 am.

I really don't know whether diamonds are really that cheaper in Antwerp. Antwerp is the most important diamond trade center in the world but does that necessarily mean that Antwerp is cheaper???

Check out diamondland.be/en/diamond-jewelry-rings-antw…

5. Re: Travelling from Amsterdam to Antwerp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 11, 2009