We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antwerp address help

saffron walden
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Antwerp address help

Can anybody help please. I am coming to Antwerp from Gent on the E17. I need to get to this address

Chocolate World

Lange Elzenstaat 123

Vlaaderen 2018

Which is the best junction to get off from the road R1. Also it is far to walk to the town from this address?

Cheers for help info

Michael

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antwerp address help

Michael,

Go to www.viamichelin.com and fill in your details in the "driving directions" tab. In the "departure" box, just fill in Gent (no street).

In the "destination" box fill in "Broederminstraat" in the street box 'cause the system doens't recognize the Lange Elzenstraat.

You will then get a written itinerary and a map. If you print both out and take with you, you won't have a problem.

Anyway, you'll have to take exit no. 14 and then follow the directions from the Michelin website.

Good luck!

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antwerp address help

As for your second question: it's a 30 min. walk to the historical centre (about 2 km). I'm not so familiar with the Lange Elzenstraat area but I'm sure there must be a tram or a bus going into the city centre from there. You can ask at Chocolate World anyway.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,524 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antwerp address help

CHOCOLATE WORLD - manufacturers of moulds etc. for chocolate-making, before anyone gets too excited!

Lange Elzenstraat 123, B-2018 Antwerp (you don't need to mention that it is in Vlaanderen = Flanders)

Tel: +32(0)3 216 44 27, fax: +32 (0)3 216 98 33, e-mail: info@chocolateworld.be

It's in the Sint-Laurentius area of the city, in S. Antwerp, don't know that I would want to walk into town from there myself. But if you continue up Lange Elzenstraat you will eventually come to Amerikalei and following this to the right, Britse Lei and Frankrijklei which take you right into the centre.

Driving directions are from www.viamichelin.com - to use this you must of course spell the street address etc. correctly, and it will show you a map of where you come off the R1.

From R1, take exit signposted Exit 14 - A12, Boom, Hoboken

Head towards: A12, Boom, Hoboken, Petroleum-Zuid, Kielsbroek

Continue along: A112

Turn right at: Exit 14 - Antwerpen, Hoboken (0.2km)

Turn right: N148 / Kolonel Silvertopstraat towards: Centrum, Singel

Continue along: N148 / Kolonel Silvertopstraat (0.5km)

Turn right: Montignystraat (<0.1km)

Turn right: Kielsevest (0.3km)

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,524 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antwerp address help

Sorry Amboseli - but I did get it to recognise Lange Elzenstraat!

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antwerp address help

Good for you, qaminari. I thought Broederminstraat was close enough. It's better known in Antwerp, anyway.

6. Re: Antwerp address help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, August 31, 2009