We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antwerp and Rotterdam

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Antwerp and Rotterdam

How far is Antwerp from Rotterdam ? Can I day trip from Antwerp to Rotterdam, using Belgium Rail Pass (77€ for 10 trips) ?

5 replies to this topic
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Antwerp and Rotterdam

“Can I day trip from Antwerp to Rotterdam, using Belgium Rail Pass (77€ for 10 trips) ?”

No, you can’t because Rotterdam is a city in the Netherlands.

All info about how long it takes by train can be found on the official website of the Belgian train company;

https://www.b-europe.com/EN

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,320 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Antwerp and Rotterdam

103 km. How exactly does that help you?!

By train, it takes 32 mins by high-speed Thalys and about 1h05 by normal IC(D) trains, either direct or with a change in Breda.

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Antwerp and Rotterdam

Thanks for your reply. Not going Rotterdam anymore, to Amsterdam instead which costs €21 one way (check price from SNCB INTERNATIONAL). Will visit beautiful Giethoorn as day trip from Antwerp, then back to Brussels, by train...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited: 8:14 am, June 16, 2018
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Antwerp and Rotterdam

“Will visit beautiful Giethoorn as day trip from Antwerp, then back to Brussels, by train...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated”

A day trip to Giethoorn from Antwerp?! Did you even check how long it will take to get there? From Antwerp you will first need to take a train to Steenwijk, which will take 3,5 hours, followed by a 15 minute bus ride. Your return trip from Giethoorn to Brussels will be even longer, because Brussels is further south from Giethoorn.

You asked for advice, so here is mine; don’t do this.

Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Antwerp and Rotterdam

Most helpful advice thank you :-)

Reply to: Antwerp and Rotterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted