We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalys from Brussels Midi to Den Haag

KL
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thalys from Brussels Midi to Den Haag

Hi.

I'd like to make a roundtrip Thalys booking from Brussels to Den Haag. Unfortunately, I was informed that there will be engineering works in the Netherlands on the departure day (Nov 9). This is the message that appears:

"Train 9357 from Monday November 6, 2006 to Tuesday November 14, 2006 is diverted via Gouda. Den Haag HS & Schiphol are not served by Thalys.

The travellers bound for Schiphol & Den Haag HS are invited to change train in Rotterdam Centraal. During that period, you can use your tickets to Schiphol, Den Haag HS, Amsterdam Centraal, Rotterdam Centraal on domestic NS lines towards Den Haag HS & Schiphol."

So that I don't get this wrong, does this mean I can travel from Brussels Midi to Rotterdam Centraal, then change to domestic NS lines to Den Haag?

If so, how do I book my NS train to Den Haag? Do they have a website?

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks.

Antwerp
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thalys from Brussels Midi to Den Haag

Hi, here is the website:

www.ns.nl/ (netherlands)

www.B-rail.be/main/E (Belgium)

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thalys from Brussels Midi to Den Haag

Yes, that's exactly what it says: you can indeed travel on Thalys from Brussels Midi to Rotterdam Centraal and use your Thalys ticket for the remainder of your trip on the regular (commuter) trains.

You don't have to make reservations for domestic trains. You even can't make reservations, unless you're traveling with a (large) group.

You can check out timetables on the website mentioned by the previous poster. Unfortunately the international travel section is in Dutch only. Try www.bahn.de which uses exactly the same database, even for domestic travel within the Netherlands.

Furthermore I would like to point out that you don't necessarily have to travel on Thalys (sometimes Thalys tickets are much more expensive). The ride on the intercity train will take about the same amount of time and involve one change in Den Haag HS (unless that's the station you want to get off, but I presume you will have to get off at Den Haag Centraal).

Antwerp
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thalys from Brussels Midi to Den Haag

PS semutss : about the malaysian restaurant.

I can imagine that you don't fancy to go to Antwerp by train, only to go to a malaysian restaurant (and I didn't find an other one also than the above mentioned.

Why not go to a Thai. there are 38 Thai restaurants in Brussels alone...

www.restaurants.be (and then click Brussel, and the type of cuisine you would like)

4. Re: Thalys from Brussels Midi to Den Haag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 17, 2009