We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for a young couple in Brussels?

Dundee, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
What to do for a young couple in Brussels?

My boyfriend and I are going to Brussels the 2nd weekend of January, never been before. Just wondering if anyone could recommend things for a young couple to do. We have seen the museum adverts etc...

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do for a young couple in Brussels?

I am not sure in what way things that a "young couple" might like to do - in any city - are different from what a solo traveller of any age might like to do, as in both cases I would expect this to depend on their personal likes and dislikes. I would recommend different activities to people who are interested in military history, veteran cars, pop art and/or ancient Egypt from those I could recommend to someone interested in art nouveau, Old Masters, comic strips, Belgian beer or shopping, for example.

Therefore I can only suggest you look through the list of "things to do" in Brussels, as rated by other TA users, and see what, if anything, appeals to one or both of you: tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g188644-Activiti… (I presume you had something in mind when you decided to book a trip to Brussels?).

I take your reference to "museum adverts" to mean that you already know what exhibitions will be on in Brussels at the time, like the various events taking place in the context of Europalia India (http://www.europalia.eu/en/home/home_82.html). For other events, see www.visitbelgium.com/index.php…

While the Winter Wonders activities will have finished, the "Ice Magic" ice-sculpture festival and "Skyliner" will still be on, in Place des Palais between the royal palace and the Parc de Bruxelles (nearest metro stations, Trône or Parc; buses and trams to Place Royale): see visitbrussels.be/bitc/BE_en/minisite_brussel… - and they recommend buying tickets in advance online from visitbrussels.be/bitc/…rates.do

Dundee, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do for a young couple in Brussels?

Thanks for the information, great help.

3. Re: What to do for a young couple in Brussels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 11, 2014