We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,397 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

Belgian Railways has just published information on its 2013 "summer deal", which starts on 24 June 2013 (ends on 31 August) and costs €7.50 single, €15 return - the same as last year. Between those dates, that is therefore the maximum you need to pay to travel from/to anywhere in Belgium, EXCEPT Brussels Airport which requires a "Diabolo ticket" on top of any flat-fare ticket. As this costs €4.44, total cost using the summer deal fare would be €11.94: so it will still be cheaper to use standard single tickets from BRU into e.g. Brussels (€7.80), Leuven (€8.10) or Antwerp (€10.40): but not Ghent or Brugge.

See belgianrail.be/en/…summer-deal.aspx

With respect to Charleroi Airport, on the other hand, note that it costs €5 to take TEC bus A to Charleroi-Sud station so paying €7.50 for the train from there to BRUSSELS makes separate tickets on bus+train cheaper than the one-way shuttle fare at €13 (although not the return price of €11 each way); and much cheaper than the combo ticket price to BRUGGE, €20.10.

It also means there is no need to consider/use the Belgian Railways 10-trip Rail Pass, costing€76, for trips between those dates.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

< Belgian Railways has just published information on its 2013 "summer deal", which starts on 24 June 2013 (ends on 31 August) and costs €7.50 single, €15 return - the same as last year. Between those dates, that is therefore the maximum you need to pay to travel from/to anywhere in Belgium ... >

Note that Summer Deal tickets can only be used on weekdays, not on Saturday or Sunday.

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
97 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

i informe also that there is about 10 busses a day between charleroi airport and eindhoven airport www.airportbus.eu

between charleroi,louvain-la neuve,leuven,mechelen,antwerpen,turnhout,eindhoven

they have also busses during the night,what also interesting is as night busses between the cities

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

so if i understand correctly, as we travel between brussels and brugge, june 26, wednesday, it will be 7.50 going and 15.00 return trip. do i have to ask for this special summer fare each way? Can i buy the return trip (thursday) as a round trip ticket ahead of time?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

< so if i understand correctly, as we travel between brussels and brugge, june 26, wednesday, it will be 7.50 going and 15.00 return trip >

Yes.

< do i have to ask for this special summer fare each way? >

You will probably be given it automatically, but it may do no harm to remind the ticket seller that it exists !

< Can i buy the return trip (thursday) as a round trip ticket ahead of time? >

Yes - but tell the ticket seller on which days you will be travelling. A ticket is valid only for the date indicated on it, and the ticket seller may assume you want tickets for the current day, unless you say otherwise. Say clearly that you are making the outward journey on Wednesday 26th, and returning on Thursday 27th. You should be given one Summer Deal ticket for each day (for each person).

belgianrail.be/en/…summer-deal.aspx

http://www.belgianrail.be//~/media/Files/Mobility/Products/EN/SUMMER%20DEAL.ashx

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
19 helpful votes
5. Re: Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

thank you so much!

6. Re: Belgian Railways Summer Deal: €7.50 from 24/6-30/8/13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 04, 2014