We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Brussels to boom

2 posts
Save Topic
travel from Brussels to boom

What's the cost train travel from Brussels to boom? And what are the alternatives? Thank you for your help

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

By train it takes takes max 1h20 from Bruxelles-Midi (departures from other Brussels stations also possible) changing at either Antwerpen-Berchem or Mechelen+Puurs. In either case, cost is €7.50. If by any chance you would be leaving from Brussels Airport - which is not in Brussels - cost would be €10.40, and from Charleroi Airport, which some people confuse with Brussels Airport, €20.10.

The only alternative would be to get off the train in Antwerp or Mechelen and take bus 500 (same bus in both cases) to Boom from there,

See also tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188637-i3337-k611… and …tomorrowland.com/sites/…20EN.pdf.

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

Hi there can any1 tell me how tomget from Brussels airport to boon for tomorrowland arriving in Brussels airport on Thursday 25 July please???

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

Tomorrowland has now published information on shuttles (I don't understand why festival-goers don't look there first!), and if you are staying at Dreamville, there is one from the airport: tomorrowland.com/en/…field-page-section-tab-0

If not, you can either take (at 14 or 44 mins past each hour until 21:44) a train from the station below Brussels Airport to Antwerpen-Berchem and change there for Boom, or stay overnight in Brussels on the Thursday night and take (if you have booked it by then!) the shuttle that leaves from rue Cardinal Mercier, 1 street away from Gare centrale, on Friday. Convenient hotels near Gare centrale include the Novotel "Off Grand' Place", Ibis ditto, Best Western Carrefour de l'Europe, etc.

Sheffield
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

I intend to travel from Brussels to Boom and return back

25th July Brussels Nord to Boom (approx 12 noon)

29th July Boom to Brussels Nord (approx 8am) as I have a euroline coach to catch from Brussels Nord at 9.30am

Can anyone suggest me train or coach travel (website)for the journey above. The tomorrowland website just picks up and drops at the airport.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

It is only the Dreamland shuttle that goes from Brussels Airport, there is a Tomorrowland shuttle from BRUSSELS, which according to the information in the link already provided leaves from Rue Cardinal Mercier, close to Gare centrale. However, that is only on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the festival, and you want to travel on the Thursday and Monday.

You can do this by train - there is no other public transport from Brussels to Boom - as follows:

- Thurs 25 July:

(A) dep. Bruxelles-Nord 12:05, arr. Boom 13:16, changing in Mechelen and Puurs; or

(B) dep. Bruxelles-Nord 12:37, arr. Boom 13:42, changing at Antwerpen-Berchem;

A and B repeated at 05 and 42 mins past each hour respectively.

- Mon 29 July:

(B in reverse) dep. Boom 07:17 arr. Bruxelles Nord 08:23, changing at Antwerpen-Berchem ; or

(A in reverse) dep. 07:43 arr. 08:45, changing in Puurs and Mechelen;

Again repeated at 17 and 43 mins past each hour - but you can't really take any later train than the 07:43 because the 08:17 gets to Bruxelles-Nord at 09:23 and you have to be at the Eurolines coach station - which is just outside the building housing Gare du Nord -15 mins before coach departure time.

Cost is as already given in #1, i.e. €7.50 each way. You can check train timetables on http://www.railtime.be/website/train-schedule but if you want to purchase tickets online you can only do this from www.belgianrail.be (or https://buy.b-rail.be/eTicketing/ETicketOrdering/InitStrutsActionToWelcome.do?lang=3&from=2005&to=2814&via=&travelDate=26-07-2013&productCode=000&itinerary=1&class=2&productType=ticket&traveller=1&partner=2)

Edited: 8:11 am, July 05, 2013
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

Do you have any idea how long it would take to drive from Boom to the Brussels airport the Monday after Tomorrowland? Google Maps says 30 minutes but I assume there would be a lot of traffic?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

Why piggy-back your question on one from a year ago which is specifically about TRAIN TRAVEL? In case someone who is still interested in that now reads this and is misled by out-of-date information, it should be noted that train fares go up on 1 Feb 2014 and Brussels-Boom will cost €7.70 single. Go-Pass-1 (under 26) price remains unchanged at €6, but can only be purchased online from belgianrail.

I don't know that traffic between Boom and Brussels Airport (Zaventem) will be especially busy on Monday 28 July 2014, as this is surely not the only way participants might be leaving. In any case, I doubt that anyone could predict how much traffic there might be on this route at any particular time of day: the Brussels Ring is usually clogged at commuting times, but this would not be as bad on 28 July which is summer holiday period. Otherwise, driving time is about right, as it is only 34 km. Just allow twice as long if you think you might encounter problems.

Edited: 3:45 am, January 30, 2014
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

Thank you!

Sao Paulo, SP
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

Is it possible to come back to Brussels from Boom in the Saturday morming? I'm going to attend one day of the festival only (friday).

Tks.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel from Brussels to boom

If you mean the early morning, no. The last possibility on Friday evening is the 22:43 train from Boom to Sint-Niklaas, which with connections there (23:50) and in Antwerpen-Berchem (00:05) would get you to Bruxelles-Central at 01:30. If you can get to Boom by other means (e.g. De Lijn bus 500), the last train back to Brussels from Antwerpen-Centraal on a Friday night/Saturday morning is at 00:25, arr. Bruxelles-Central 01:25; and the next one, at 04:18 on Saturday morning, arr. 05:23.

There are no trains from Boom at all on Saturdays, although again, you can of course use De Lijn bus 500 to get to Antwerp or Mechelen and transfer there to a train to Brussels.

There will also presumably be the Tomorrowland Shuttle leaving Boom for rue Cardinal Mercier, Brussels each night after the end of the programme for the night - but last year it was only possible to book this as a package for all 3 nights of the weekend in question. Until they put the details on the Tomorrowland website in May or June, of course nobody (other than perhaps the Tomorrowland organisers themselves) can say what arrangements will be made this year. And it should be noted that even taking this to Brussels, arriving there after 1 a.m., the metro is no longer running so it would be necessary to be staying near Gare centrale to avoid a long walk (or taxi) to anywhere else.