We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Hague & Delft on day trip from Amsterdam

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
740 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
The Hague & Delft on day trip from Amsterdam

We're planning on making a day trip from Amsterdam on Wednesday, December 7th. I'd appreciate your comments on whether the plan seems to flow and whether it is just too much for one day. We're looking to make this enjoyable, taking in highlights to get a flavor of each and don't want to be rushing to check sites off our list. I've figured some rough time estimates in the plan below to see if it was too much. Since I want to be sure to take in the Mauritshuis, I thought we would start at The Hague.

Here is my draft of a plan for the day:

Early morning arrival at Den Haag Centraal Station.

Walk around Binnenhof/Lange Voorhout area and get some coffee.

10AM: Mauritshuis.

12 or so: Quick lunch.

Escher Museum. 1 hour to get a flavor

Panorama Mesdag 30 minutes

Tram or Train to Delft - 30 minutes

Arrive in Delft around 3 PM

Open until 4 PM: Nieuwe Kerk, Oude Kerk

Open until 5 PM: Vermeer Centrum

Walk around old town Delft

Head back to Amsterdam

All comments are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Thornhill, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Hague & Delft on day trip from Amsterdam

Hi, We are 4 seniors and we would have to take taxis to and from the train stations plus the train fare for 4. The taxi is 95 euros so we are treating ourselves.

12. Re: The Hague & Delft on day trip from Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 28, 2012