We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats best 3 dagkaart's or PAYG?

Fairfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Whats best 3 dagkaart's or PAYG?

I will be in Den Haag for 3 days to see my Oma. I am used to the old strippenkaart system so learning this new stuff is taking a slight adjustment. I'm trying to decide wat would be more economical. I plan to do a lot of hopping around with the trem and bus. I'm leaning towards 3 dagkaart's given the cost just to get the anonymous PAYG OV card. Sounds like the dagkaart might be a tad easier as well. I'm bummed I still have some old strippenkaarten now they are no good to me :( Thank you

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,489 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats best 3 dagkaart's or PAYG?

Hi there,

Yes probably that's better. PAYG is more economic if you have a few rides per day, below the amount for the dagkaart. But even then you have to take into account the absurd overhead of 7.50 euro for the empty one plus the minimum balance of 4 euro at start of the last ride.

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Whats best 3 dagkaart's or PAYG?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 29, 2012