We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying in from London...

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Flying in from London...

I have a meeting in the Hague region, and can't decide if it would be best to fly into Rotterdam or Amsterdam. Which is the easiest transfer, please?

NL
Level Contributor
875 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying in from London...

I prefer Amsterdam, since it has the trainstation underneath the terminal with many direct trains to The Hague.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying in from London...

Rotterdamm Airport is much closer to The Hague than Amsterdam and the best way to get to The Hague would be by taxi from Rotterdam Airport to The Hague.

If you are dependent on public transport then the train service from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport would be easier and better. Also, there are more flights from London to Amsterdam than to Rotterdam.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
264 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying in from London...

Apart from both earlier replies, I guess it depends from where in the the Hague area you need to be. If that is close to either the Central train station or the Hollands Spoor train station, I would go for Amsterdam, because then it would take you about half an hour by train from the airport (with frequent trains), and indeed, the trainstation at the airport just underneath it. If you meeting location is farther away from a train station, then it depends if you prefer the easy but more expensive taxi directly there, or the cheaper but probably longer public transport. Or by train to the Hague and then onwards by taxi....Perhaps you could tell us where your meeting will be?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,784 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying in from London...

To get to Rotterdam Centraal to connect to a train to The Hague you need to first catch a bus into town then a train. This will take over an hour. To get from Schiphol it will take 30 minutes so a no brainer epecially considering that practically the only airlines which flies to Rotterdam from London are Transavia and CityJet (formally VLM). VLM use London City airport though which many prefer as it's much smaller. Depends on where in London your starting point is and as already said "Den Haag" area is not very specific.

Edited: 5:12 am, November 30, 2009
Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying in from London...

Thanks guys. I'm coming in from London City Airport, and will fly into Amsterdam - the transfer seems effortless. The area is Rijswijk (Sp?). In fact I have to confess that I couldn't find my posting, so repeated it on the Amsterdam forum (oops, so sorry about that!).

6. Re: Flying in from London...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 31, 2010