We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotterdam harbour boat trips

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, England
2 posts
Save Topic
Rotterdam harbour boat trips

Will be in Amsterdam 20-23 Nov 06. Was thinking of taking a day trip to Rotterdam and taking one of these trips. I've checked the Spido website, and it seems there is one on Wed afternoons at 2pm, which would fit in fine. Could someone let me know where these tours start from please?. There is no mention on the website. Also, are these tours popular in late Nov? I wouldn't want to waste time going to Rotterdam, if the tour was cancelled due to insufficient demand.

Thx

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,646 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rotterdam harbour boat trips

Hi there,

a) All tours start at their jetty at Willemsplein. Which is 5 mins walk from metro station 'Leuvehaven', and even closer to the terminus of a tram line also coming from Central - forgot the number.

b) Usually Spido tours are guaranteed year-round, but maybe a Rotterdam local could add onto this.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
170 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rotterdam harbour boat trips

The Spido operates from outside the Tulip Inn and Maritime Hotel(as previous replier stated, 5 mins walk south from Leuvehaven metro). This is directly adjacent to the Erasmus Bridge (which you can't miss!), and tram 5 terminates here too.

Can't comment on November schedule, as we were there in July, but the tour was very enjoyable with good commentary (taped) in four languages.

I also recommend the bar/restaurant "Prachtig" nearby - just walk under the bridge about 50 yards.

3. Re: Rotterdam harbour boat trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 26, 2009