We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cooper City, Florida
8 posts
Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

My wife and I are flying into Rotterdam in September to catch a cruise on Holland America. We will fly in the day before the cruise departs. Could you recommend an affordable but nice hotel which is in walking distance to points of interest? Also, what is the most sensible way to get from the hotel to the Pier?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
45,153 posts
165 reviews
1. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Hi there,

Tulip Inn isn't bad, central enough and facing the harbour. Pier is 5-10 mins walk from metro/tram stop Wilhelminaplein, which is actually 1 stop from the hotel but still quite a disance (across the Swan bridge or parallel tunnel).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
2. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

The Maritime Hotel is next door to the Tulip , a bit cheaper and fine for a night, free breakfast, but I don't think any air/con. Both hotels are on the banks of the river Mass, and you'll see your cruise ship from the hotel.

As mentioned above only one metro stop , but necessary , it's a wide river. Your metro stop is Leuvehaven, about a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Both stops are on the metro line from the Centrum.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
45,153 posts
165 reviews
3. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Yes and from airport to there is two options:

a] Bus Airport to station, and then metro to Leuvehaven. It's one ticket (a RET 1-hour ticket) for both combined

b] Free shuttle bus (only 1 km or so) from airport to Randstadrail stop Meijersplein. Direct metro from there to Leuvehaven.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Cooper City, Florida
8 posts
4. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Thanks to all for the suggestions.We will check out both hotels mentioned. Approximately how much in US dollars is the transportation from the airport to Leuvehaven? And how long does it take to get there? Again, thanks so much for the information about hotels and transportation.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
45,153 posts
165 reviews
5. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Hi again,

Bus/metro or Randstadrail cost you 3 euro (4 USD) per person. I guess the RR option is fastest and depending on the free shuttle frequency only takes you 30 mins; first a 10 mins shuttle ride and then 10-15 mins metro (only about 6 stations). This also is easiest as you avoid a walk from bus stop down to the metro at Central Station. Normal bus plus metri would be 45 mins or the like.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Cooper City, Florida
8 posts
6. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

This is excellent information. Finally, is the hotel that you mentioned a short walking distance from a particular stop that we should get off? Both options of bus or RR seem fine. We are thinking about the logistics of getting to the hotel with all of our luggage.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
45,153 posts
165 reviews
7. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Hi again,

Yes both of them are about 5-7 minutes walk from Leuvehaven metro station. Or if you insist there's even a stop closer by: tram 7 terminus (Willemsplein) is 2 mins walk. But then at Central from the bus you'd need to transfer to the tram.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Cooper City, Florida
8 posts
8. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Thanks for for all of this great information. We were thinking about embarking on the cruise ship when it makes it's first stop in London. But form Heathro Airport, it is about 2.5 hours to the port, and a lot more costly than 4 euros each. We will have less than 24 hours to spend in Rotterdam, but it looks like an interesting city, and the logistics, from what you explained are a lot less stressful and little cost. I just registered on this website and glad that I did.

Best Regards,

Phil

Papendrecht...
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Phil ,

please visit this link ( cruiseportrotterdam.com/passengers-informati… ) for more information...Have a great trip !

Eric

Cooper City, Florida
8 posts
10. Re: Rotterdam to Cruise Ship

Thanks Eric! I'll print up the pages of this website. Very helpful.