We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes to Thalys Ticket -- Permissible the Day Of?

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Changes to Thalys Ticket -- Permissible the Day Of?

I purchased a (Flex) Thalys Train ticket from Rotterdam leaving after our cruise. I know with the flex policy you're allowed 1 change without penalty. There is a chance we will make it off the ship in time for a train that leaves 2 hours earlier, but I wanted to pad our time because of previous hectic disembarkation experiences. If we were to make it to the station to catch the earlier train, would they allow me to take that earlier train the "day of"? Or would I have to give more advanced notice?

Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,546 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes to Thalys Ticket -- Permissible the Day Of?

Hi there,

Formally they would allow BUT seats can fill up quickly, so there simply might not be a seat on the earlier train. Also there will be some kind of deadline for changes, in the order of magnitude of '1 hour before its departure from the starting station' (Amsterdam in your case); in some way they must download the reservation info onto the small screens above the chairs in the trains, and pretty sure they don't do that on the fly while it rides through a wireless link...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,146 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes to Thalys Ticket -- Permissible the Day Of?

When you say a Flex ticket, what do you mean, Thalys tickets are titled HiLife, OptiWay and Smove. Only the HiLife can be changed on the day of departure.

If you have this ticket then just go to the NSHispeed desk in Rotterdam and they can change it for you.If you have Comfort 1 tickets then you can use the lounge there to wait on your train.

thalys.com/fr/…fares

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes to Thalys Ticket -- Permissible the Day Of?

Thanks for your replies!

The ticket is an OptiWay.

It's fine to keep the reservation as is, as I didn't want to be in a rush when we disembarked the ship.

Thanks again.

Edited: 3:17 pm, July 26, 2010
4. Re: Changes to Thalys Ticket -- Permissible the Day Of?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 23, 2011