We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip from Bruges to Rotterdam

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rio de janeiro
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip from Bruges to Rotterdam

I was not able to find a direct train ticket to take me from Bruges to Rotterdam. I wonder if anyone could tell me about bus lines that would do the job.

Tanks a lot.

Ricardo

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,542 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip from Bruges to Rotterdam

<<I was not able to find a direct train ticket to take me from Bruges to Rotterdam. >>

Where did you look exactly? You need to take a train to Antwerp (some direct, some via Gent) and then to Rotterdam. You can take book this on the Thalys website or just turn up at the station in Brugge and buy a ticket for the Belgian train and the Dutch IC to Amsterdam (I mean by that you only need one ticket for the whole journey and get off in Rotterdam). No reservations are need for this. For the Thalys reservations are compulsory. The Brugge to Antwerp (or any rail journey in Belgium) does not need a seat reservation.

Thalys will save you nearly an hour on the journey.

By bus take a look at Eurolines but the service to Brugge is infrequent and goes also through Antwerp

rio de janeiro
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip from Bruges to Rotterdam

Thanks for the message! I was able to find tickets from Burssels to Rotterdam at Thalys.com but not from Bruges to Brussels. Would you pls advise me on that?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,542 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip from Bruges to Rotterdam

That's because the Thalys is a high speed train which does not service Brugge (except for a daily service to Paris) you have to take a local train to Antwerp as I described above.

If you go to the Thalys site you have to select Antwerpen ABS which stands for Any Belgian Station which will cover the train from Brugge. You then pick up the Thalys from there.

As I already said you can also take the IC train to Amsterdam from Antwerp without reservations, just turn up at the station in Brugge and buy a ticket.

If you are not too worried about how long it will take then take the train to Antwerp and then the Eurolines bus from there. I think there is one every hour and could work out cheaper but will take around two hours longer than the train.

4. Re: Trip from Bruges to Rotterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 01, 2010