We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delft and Kinderdijk

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Delft and Kinderdijk

I am going to be in Rotterdam for one day on Saturday, May 8, 2010 from 7 am to 5 pm. Is it possible to take local trains to Delft and Kinderdijk in this amount of time? What would be the distance from the cruise ship to the train station?

Thanks for any replies.

Mentioned in this post
Delft
Delft
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Kinderdijk
Kinderdijk
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,670 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delft and Kinderdijk

There is no train to Kinderdijk, you need to take a bus or perhaps better would be to take the river cruise which departs from the Erasmus Bridge which I think is near the cruise terminal.

You can take the train to Delft no problem and I would just take a cab to the station if I were you.

Edited: 6:22 pm, February 27, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Kinderdijk
Kinderdijk
Erasmus Bridge
Erasmus Bridge
2,913 Reviews
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Delft
Delft
Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delft and Kinderdijk

You will find the requested info & more on GO 4 Rotterdam:

go4rotterdam.com/go4visitors/go4theperfectma…

Delft is 15 minutes by train from Rotterdam Central Station and you can easily spend the day there.

Kinderdijk you can reach 2 a day by boat from Boompjes (near Erasmusbridge). 2010 departures were at 10.45 hrs (return 14.00 hrs). I assume 2011 will be the same.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Delft
Delft
Kinderdijk
Kinderdijk
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Delft and Kinderdijk

Thanks very much for your quick replies. There is a lot of choice on what to do.

Debbie

4. Re: Delft and Kinderdijk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 28, 2010