We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Leiden with Kids

Prius2005
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Leiden with Kids

Does anyone know if accomodations in Leiden that are good for a family with small children? We need to stay in Leiden.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Leiden with Kids

Hello

My opinion: best is the Holiday inn, in Leiden

It is a bit out of town but it has a good public buss connection to the center, so that can not be a problem? it has also a fairly large swimming pool ? If you have a car (and come during the summer) perhaps you can stay in Noordwijk it is on the beach there are a lot of hotels by car 20 min from Leiden.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188630-d229484…

See below my info about the OudLeiden pancake house, it is nice to do with kids !!!

Also visit the Naturalis museum it is on the road from the Hotel into town (dyno ,whale bones ++++)

If you are going to Leiden ,make sure toe at the best pancakes in the country )my opinion)

in rest Oud Lyden .

Make sure you go into the right door since there are 2 pancake restaurants next to each other, facing them you need the one on the left.

This one i has a recommendation in the Lonely Planet travel guide .

It is a 10 min walk (to the east) into town from the centraal train /bus station, for map see

viamichelin.com/viamichelin/…

Pannekoekenhuysje Oudt Leyden

Steenstraat 49, !!!!!!!!!! Leiden

Mentioned in this post
Noordwijk
Noordwijk
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Prius2005
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Leiden with Kids

Thank you for the information, but we are looking for accomodations with a little more local flavor. I was hoping to find a self-catering accomodation or pension. Any more suggestions?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Leiden with Kids

I'd choose www.pensionschaefer.nl or www.hotelmayflower.nl .

4. Re: Lodging in Leiden with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 30, 2009