We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leiden

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Leiden

Hi, I'm visiting Leiden in a couple of weeks, as I have business in both The Hague and Amsterdam. Can anyone recommend somewhere to eat (alone) in Leiden? What about The Hague - any recommendations there?

Any info in general about Leiden welcome!

Thanks!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leiden

To eat in Leiden:

Eat in the pancake rest i come there for 40 years it is easy to fiend see web side.

http://www.oudtleyden.nl/

For the Hague perhaps an other reader may help out ?

Vic in Holland.

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leiden

The Leiden tourist office is just across from the rail station, I'd make it my first stop and buy a map. Ask the fine folks behind the desk if the restaurants below are still in business and have them mark the locations on your map.

If your company is paying the tab, the Rotisserie Oudt Leiden (Steensstraat 51) is very good and expensive.

Next door is the much cheaper 't Pannekoekehuis (Pancake house).

Near the town hall is Bernsen on Breestraat 157.

Don't be bashful about asking the tourist office for suggestions.

In The Hague, I like to take the tram (#9) down to Scheveningen. There are many restaurants along the Strandweg on the beach side and town side. They all post their menus and prices near the entrance, so there are no unpleasant surprises. Find one that is busy and in your price range and you are unlikely to be disappointed. I like the fish and chips, so I "dine" at one of the kiosks.