We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

Which Terneuzen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swinton, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

i will be traveling from the uk to antwerp by plain for the hulst carnaval and need information on best ways to travel from airport into hulst . any information you could give me would be very helpfull

6 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,059 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

Hi there,

Well firstly it's local transport Deurne Airport (which has no train station) to town; I guess bus or maybe maybe tram.

Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, of which Hulst is a part, has no train network. The 'Dutch' way of going to Hulst would be complicated:

* Train Antwerp-Roosendaal, transfer to train to Vlissingen

* Pedestrian ferry to Breskens (departure point close to station)

* Bus from Breskens jetty to Hulst

Journeyplanner.9292.nl should give all timetables from Roosendaal station.

And could even indicate an alternate, slightly shorter, route: leave same train at Goes station, and then the Terneuzen bus (which uses the Schelde tunnel) and a connection to Hulst.

However mapwise this is a BIG detour. So I almost bet that using Belgian transport, and then finally one crossborder bus, is quicker and cheaper. You have to ask in the Belgium forum for this, sorry...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Edited: 12:24 am, January 09, 2012
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

According to the Belgian rail site you can do this.

Take the bus fro the airport to Antwerpen Berchem train station. From there take the train which goes to Gent-Sint-Pieters and get off at St Niklaas. You will have a 10 minute walk to the bus station. From there you can take bus 22 all the way to Hulst. In total it looks like around a 90 minute journey. You can get information at the site below. If you use the travel planner make sure you select all products, not just trains, from the pull down menu.

http://www.b-rail.be/main/E/

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

This is possibly easier (1 change instead of 2):

- Walk from the airport to bus stop Langemarkstraat. It is about 500 meters / 10 minutes walk from the airport. Check Google Maps for walking directions.

- Take Antwerpen city bus 31 direction CMB and leave at Noorderplaats (about 40 minutes).

- From Noorderplaats, bus 19 from the Dutch bus company Veolia runs directly to Hulst (about one hour).

Note that this only works during the day, not in the evening, as the last bus to Hulst leaves at 20:14 on weekdays.

Bus 19 does not stop at the central bus or train station in Antwerpen. Probably that is why Erik could not find it with the Journeyplanner. In general, cross-border route planning is always a pain.

Be aware that, ridiculously enough, there are two buses numbered 19 in Antwerpen (the Dutch and the Belgian line 19).

Finally, take into account that Noorderplaats is a large busstop consisting of multiple platforms spread throughout a couple of streets, I think bus 19 leaves from the platform at Italielei. Again, check Google Earth for an overview of the situation.

Edited: 9:18 am, January 09, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,059 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

Great! As stated in my first reply, I simply did not _try_ to use the Belgian journeyplanners but solely gave the 'Dutch' route, mentioning that the 'Belgian' route almost certainly must be better. Luckily now two other replies have proven this suspicion.

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Swinton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

Thank you all very much for your help, i will be trying out 1 of these methods in february so fingers crossed i will get there before the end of carnaval ha ha thank you all for your help .

Tony

Swinton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst

Thank you

Tony

Reply to: travel by train from antwerp airport to hulst
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted