We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM,Laundrette, Grocery Shopping and A Map

Which Volendam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
ATM,Laundrette, Grocery Shopping and A Map

I will be staying in Volendam for approximately 5 days and would like to know where I can find a ATM machine, a Laundrette to wash my clothes, a grocery shop or supermarket and I would like to know where I can get a street map of Volendam and Edam, so I can find my way around.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ATM,Laundrette, Grocery Shopping and A Map

Thanks Simulacrum for the very useful information.I will definately be looking to use the places you mention.

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ATM,Laundrette, Grocery Shopping and A Map

I'm pretty sure you can use the NAB gold Card all over Europe. You need to put $10,000 into that account, and I think pay $12.00 per month instead of paying ATM and exchange fees. We were able to use this card at Netherlands ATM's and petrol stations. But could not use it to hire the car. Had to use a credit card for that. Why not ask your local NAB for more details? to get the full info. We needed it for only 3 weeks, then transferred the remains back to a normal cheque/savings account. I first heard about it when I overheard someone was going o/s maybe to London and was talking to the teller.

Hope this helps. Sounds like you are going to have a most wonderful mini world trip!

behind the 'fridge
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: ATM,Laundrette, Grocery Shopping and A Map

There are some ATMs in the "Centuurbaan" on the corner with the Ferdinand Bolstraat (opposite direction to the laundromat I mentioned earlier). Turn either left of right and you'll see them there.

14. Re: ATM,Laundrette, Grocery Shopping and A Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, October 03, 2009