We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please advise !!!

Which Hilversum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo
1 post
Save Topic
Please advise !!!

Hi everybody hope you're all fine,Fortunately i'm going to Hilversum By the next Friday & unfortunately i'm alone

I'll stay in Tulip Inn Hotel

So,if anyone tells me the nearest supermarkets,gift shops,,in general places that shouldn't be missed

I'd be so grateful

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,299 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please advise !!!

I used to live in Hilversum and infact I think I spent a few months in this hotel although it was called the Hillhouse apartments at the time. I stayed in the annex of apartments down the street.

Hilversum is not a touristy town but it is quite a nice affluent residential area. Been a few years since I lived or visited but it is locally referred to as Media Town as lots of TV stations are based there.

Cant think that there are any tourist gift shops but lots of others around. There's a large Super de Boer supermarket off Larensweg

Also Dirk van den Broek in the centre which is one of the cheapest.

As said its not a touristy town so get a train to Amsterdam. Naarden Vesting http://www.naarden-cultureel.nl/ is also interesting.

On Saturday there used to be (I guess still is) a market close to your hotel.

Hilversum shuts down on a Sunday so unless you want to go for a walk or bike ride go to Amsterdam. Other days Utrecht is cool.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please advise !!!

Hilversum has a modern town centre with a large shopping mall in the centre (Hilvertshof) and there are a few gift shops there and in the Groest, which is another mainly pedestrian street in the centre.

It does close down on Sudays, and as Ron says above, you may want to take a trip to Amsterdam, which is only 30 minutes away by direct train.

There are some nice bars and cafes in the centre of Hilversum; hope you enjoy your stay.

3. Re: Please advise !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hilversum