We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

I'm curious to know what the best option is for a family of 5 to stay in Haarlem for two weeks in 2012. We're thinking of coming in either April or September to enjoy the spring or fall.

We are 3 adults and 2 pre-teen children, and will be looking for 2 separate rooms, as one of the adults is my Mother. I've looked at various hotels, as well as bed & breakfasts but am looking for advice from others who have been there, or someone locally. If anyone has advice on places to stay striking a balance between comfort and budget. My budget is approximately $1000 - $1200 per week.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

CJ - Toronto, Canada

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

If you want to enjoy the bulb fields and Queen's Day (Koninginnedag), you should come end of April. Did you try the VVV (local tourist information agency) in Haarlem?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

Thanks BarneyHaarlem... checked out the VVV but didn't find it very user friendly (mostly because I had to translate the pages). I'll keep an eye out for other recommendations. Looks like September is going to be the month for us. Cheers.

NL
Level Contributor
843 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

Have a look at this small B & B, maybe this is what you are looking for?

http://www.botbedbreakfast.com/

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

I would recommend Hotel haarlem zuid. 4 star hotel, free parking, excellent food and very good big rooms. Located just outside the center of town but has fast public bus service opposite of the hotel only 5 minutes.

bus Absolute value for money. www.hotelhaarlemzuid.nl/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

Thanks Inevd, I had a look at the website, definitely an option. I've contacted them for more information.

Amsterdam, the...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

Hotel Haarlem Zuid is not very nice located though. I would rather go for a hotel in the centre. It's not the best part in town...

I am from Haarlem so I can easily give advise on locations, to advise you a hotel is more difficult as I of course never have to stay in one.

Maybe look at this one:

www.haarlem-hotelsuites.nl/index.php?lang=en

Good luck and have fun,

Livy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

Thanks Livy, I noticed the haarlem hotelsuites previously. Unfortunately it looks like they limit the hotel suite to 4 people, and for me to rent 2 suites to accommodate 5 of us puts the cost well over my budget. However, thank you for your suggestion, and if any other ideas come to mind, please share them! Regards

8. Re: Best place to stay in Haarlem for a 5 person family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 pm, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Haarlem
Recent Conversations