We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to eat in Haarlem

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New City, New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Place to eat in Haarlem

Going there in 10 days for the parade. I iknow it will be crowded, but maybe someone knows a good, but reasonable restaurant.?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to eat in Haarlem

Hands down: Wilma & Alberts.

http://www.wilma-alberts.nl/

I'd make a reservation ASAP.

Eet smakelijk

chuck

New City, New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to eat in Haarlem

Thank you

William and Roberts is very pricey. Any others more reasonable?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to eat in Haarlem

I was there about a year ago, and in the main square there is a market next to the large church and there were some inexpensive options. We had crepes from a street vendor that were delicious.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
161 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to eat in Haarlem

If you want something at a reasonable price I'd try the Ark. It has a simple menu, but the food is well prepared. I normally have either the lamb fillets, guinea foul or duck breast. I'd recommend eating downstairs in the bar as this has more atmosphere.

Rees

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to eat in Haarlem

Thanks TC, and welcome. I've made a note. Always looking for local recommendations.

Cheers,

chuck

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
54 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to eat in Haarlem

Try Bruxelles in the Lange Wijngaardstraat (also close to the central square). Even Haarlemmers will find it hard to spot. They have for example a 5,50 euro meal. Or just strawl past the church on the central market square (= Grote Markt) towards the Lange Veerstraat with a lot of restaurants to choose from. Lachende Javaan has a great Nasi Rames for some 15-17 euro (but do try the Rijsttafel).

7. Re: Place to eat in Haarlem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, November 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Haarlem