We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joops Hotel

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, MO
2 posts
Save Topic
Joops Hotel

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I will be there in April for 10 days and wonder about the security. I have not traveled abroad in years, so some of my questions may seem dumb. I have booked a studio apt. What kind of locks, key cards, etc? Are there smoke alarms?

Also wondering what kind of linens are provided i.e. American type washcloths, handtowels, bath towels.

Thanks.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
170 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Joops Hotel

I haven't stayed in the Joops, but it is right in the centre of Haarlem in a very safe location. So I wouldn't worry too much about the quality of the locks.

Fire regulations are also very strict in the Netherlands so I would not worry about that either.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,972 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Joops Hotel

looks like it has been reviewed on TA..check out this link if you havent already done so.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188593-d269619…

haarlem
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Joops Hotel

All rooms and entrance doors have keycard locks. There is a full fire alarm present in the whole building. The Netherlands has as told before high regulations standards considering fire and health. All apartments and studios have kitchenettes and is fully equipped. Cotton bedsheets towels etc are provided. It is a central loacated hotel, ask for a room at the back of the hotel in the weekends it can be a loud location because there are some bars in the neighbourhood where the locals have a good time. Try their Grand Café for eating a very nice meal for a reasonable price. They also have an Italian restaurant.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Joops Hotel

I'm hoping you will post a review on the Joops Hotel after your trip. I'm planning a two-week stay in October, traveling solo, have the questions you've asked...and more.

Thanks and best wishes for a terrific trip.

5. Re: Joops Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 21, 2010