We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Hello,

Will be in Haarlem for 10 days next month with my 2 young children. Does anyone know how to get to linnaeushof playpark from central Haarlem? And, is it worth visiting for children?

Many thanks

Harry

NL
Level Contributor
875 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Kids will love it, it is a big playground.

The website is in dutch however:

http://www.linnaeushof.nl/

To get there take busnr. 50 or 51.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,596 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Hi Harry,

Definitely worth it for kids 3-12 year!

Travel info should be on

www.linnaeushof.nl

but can't judge site from here (and hence neither whether it is English too) because of Flash requirements. It's a direct bus as far as I remember.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Erik,

I appreciate the responce.

I've seen the website but was being lazy in not reading the Dutch. I will need to practice my now failing Dutch but if I know there is an answer there, I will find it.

And I will also be annoying lots of people here with questions about Haarlem as we invade/visit <G> on the 3rd of July.

Harry

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Hello inevd,

Great, many thanks for the information. I will now practice Dutch every day so that I can read the signs and get my strippenkart.

Dank je wel en groetjes,

Harry

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

We just got back from a day at Linnaeushof. We are here in Haarlem for three weeks with two nine year olds. We met another family there who had a 5 year old and another 9 year old. They all had a blast! If you're looking for a day for kids entertainment, it is definitely worth it. Bus 50 and 51 both go there and run every 15 minutes. It only takes about 15 minutes to get there. You can catch the bus at the central bus station but the bus also makes two stops in town so depening on where you are staying, you may not have to go all the way to the station.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Lisa,

Thanks for that, we've planned a day there and will let the kids tire themselves out though I'm sure us old parents will be dragged onto things! <G> We're south of the train station and the bus stop for the 50/51 is a short walk away. Many thanks again and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Harry

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Make sure to check your messages as I left you a message as well. lisa

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Lisa,

Got it and replied also....maybe it's a bit slow getting across the North Sea!! <G>

Harry

Eugene, OR
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

I love the Linnaeushof, or well, I did as a child haha. Coming back now, I'm always a little surprised that I could've been entertained for that long by a playground, but it's supposedly the biggest playground in Europe. For years I lived about ten minutes from there, so birthday parties at the Linnaeushof were common. The place is just enormous, and I found it more exciting than an amusement park. They have a train ride, some kind of chair thing that lets you sit in it as you fly over their pond, paddle boats, big slides, go karts, just about anything you can imagine in a playground and more. Your kids will love you forever if you take them there lol

(I do secretly still wish I fit in all their stuff, but it's all kids' sized, and I live across the ocean now)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Haarlem to Linnaeushof

Giulia_C,

Thanks for underlining what I've read so far, the kids are going to love the place and maybe let me put my feet up for a few minutes!!! And yeh, nice to think we can still do the same as we did before but I know my backside is bigger than then and I may get stuck in a few of the rides!!

Thanks once again.

Harry

Who think that Linnaeushof and Efteling will make me VERY popular as a Dad!

Get answers to your questions about Haarlem