We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NH City Center

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
389 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
NH City Center

I hate to ask in the forums but I tend to get better and more up to date responses (espec from locals!)

Wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the NH City Center and what their opinion is of it - Seems to be west of the DAM.

How close is this to nightlife etc?/

Brouwerij 't IJ
Bars & Clubs, Breweries
The Waterhole Live Music Bar
Blues Clubs & Bars, Dance Clubs & Discos, Concerts, Bars & Clubs, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NH City Center

Its smack in the center , on Spuistraat/Single Canal ... Ive never been there as a guest but it scores well on the ratings ... geoff

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
389 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NH City Center

Geoff - I have to admit I was waiting for your reply - Is it close to nightlife/bars/saunas etc?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NH City Center

hi eva , nice to be wanted !! Yes , the whole of the main center area can be walked from one side to the other in 30 mins or so. Therefore where ever you choose in the Center you will be close to the night life. Its not that far from the location of your previous enquiry. ... geoff.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NH City Center

Hi, I have just posted my review of NH city centre. Have a read.

It is my fave place to stay in Amsters and i dont like slumming it! Its very warm, welcoming and clean, and if you book through bookings.nl you often get great bargains!

It is very central for eveywhere and is in a really nice area. I was there in december and it was fab!

Hope this helps.

Nina

Northern England
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: NH City Center

sc4eva,

I have stayed here several times and found it ideal.

It's clean, friendly, safe and central - can't ask for much more. It's almost on Spui Square, a few minutes from Dam Square and about 10 mins stroll from Leidseplein (sp?) where you will find nightlife and restaurants in abundance. There a few good restaurants directly outside the hotel as well. The Red Light District can be found just the other side of Dam Square - down Damstraat and turn left.

The buffet breakfast is excellent though a little expensive (which seems to be typical of good quality hotels in Amsterdam).

You can also book on-line direct at nh-hotels.com and I think there are some winter special offers on at the moment including breakfast.

Personally, I have never found a cheaper price on any of the booking agency sites, than I have on nh-hotels.com

Have Fun

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
389 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NH City Center

DamLuva,

Thanks!!!

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NH City Center

Greetings! First, thank you to all of you for your extremely helpful reviews of NH City Center. We - my friend and I - are really debating between Hotel Victoria and NH City Center. The price is comparable and Victoria has a fitness center. Then again, more people seem disappointed with Victoria. Do you have any opinions one way or the other? We will spend the first week of April in Amsterdam. Thank you so very much again. Your comments and reviews were amazingly helpful!!!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NH City Center

Hi there.

If the choise is between these 2, my personal opinion would be :

Work out at home and while in Amsterdam pick the NH and enjoy the city instead of hanging out in a fitnessroom..........

Simple as that, moreover while Damrak is not my favorite part of town.....

Regards

Marcel

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: NH City Center

Hi there - thanks so much. I'm leaning toward the NH City over the Victoria, and I loved your comment about lexploring Amsterdam instead of spending time in the fitness center! Thanks so much again.

10. Re: NH City Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 17, 2009