We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastion Centrum Noord Amsterdam - location

Warwickshire, UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bastion Centrum Noord Amsterdam - location

Hello

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel? if yes please can you tell me how close it is to the city centre? this will be my first time in Amsterdam therefore we do not want to stay too far out

also if it is far from the city, does anyone know what is the quickest way to get there?

Many thanks

California
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastion Centrum Noord Amsterdam - location

Noord is North- as in- behind Centraal Station across Het IJ waterway. It's about 2.7 km to CS.

I think you could walk there in about 30 minutes but the transportation system is so frequent and cheap and it's mostly a walk through 20th century residential streets (boring) that I'd take the 32 or 36 bus from Centraal Station to the Waddenweg stop at Rode Kruisstraat. After 12:30 AM take the 361 or 362 nightbus.

I'd buy 24, 48, or 72 hour passes especially since this is a 2 zone ride and only the hour passes are accepted on the nightbus. They are available at GVB in the white, red tiled roof building out in front of Centraal Station.

If you take the nightbus don't freak out as they head off to the South picking up passengers at Rembrandtsplein (for instance) before turning North to Noord Amsterdam. The day buses are more direct to the IJ tunnel.

gvb.nl/english/…plattegrondcs.html is a map of the front of Centraal Station and shows the stops for the 32, 36, 361, and 362 buses.