We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
4 posts
Save Topic
New Years

Hey, I'll be in Amsterdam for new years. just the 31st. leaving the next, any recommendations of where to go for new years. Anything unique or different going on?

Also, any suggestions on what are the Must See places to go during the day?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years

hi hsdq , first advice , do a forum search and read all last years threads on this subject. Its all there and then come back if you need any specific advice.. geoff.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years

One way of spending that night is at www.melkweg.nl, a multifunctional hall near Leidseplein that has till 6 AM on New Year's Eve a happening with different music in 2 halls but also a movie (last year at least or actually the early hours of this year).

Not that I am into that sort of thing.

But if interested a reservation will be essential. They only have room for some 2000 people.

But I think Amsterdam is romantic at any night of the year for just walking and soaking up the atmosphere of this romantic city.

You won't be alone in the streets that night :-))

3. Re: New Years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 24, 2009