We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canal Bus/Boat Tours?

California
1 post
Save Topic
Canal Bus/Boat Tours?

My wife and I will make our first visit to Amsterdam 24-28 September '05 and will be there four nights.. We'll be at the Hotel Des Arts, which I understand is centrally located, is on the canals or the Amstel. We arrive at about 2:00 pm on the 24th and I thought a canal boat tour or the "Canal Bus" would be a good orientation rioght after we check in. Can anyone provide guidance on this? We'll do the usual tourist stuff, but our emphasis will be on the art museums. I know about the closure/remodeling that is going on, but we'll take what we can get. I am particualrly interested in Rembrandt, Vermeer and of course Van Gogh. Suggestions?

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canal Bus/Boat Tours?

I think you'll get value from the Amsterdan Pass which give 2 free boat tours, 2 or 3 free art museums, and all the bus or tram rides you can handle. It comes in 1,2, or 3 day flavours.

The boat tour would be good orientation. We got our value by taking ours when we were too tired to walk any more !

If you like art try the Rembrandtsmuseum which is where the artist lived in his best period. The Pass does not cover this but it does not cost much.

Florida
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canal Bus/Boat Tours?

Go to holland.com and click the Amsterdam tab then click transportation.