We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

which restaurants are good and inexpensive? I'm kind of interested in dutchguys response since I see your name alot on this forum. But anyone else would be good too. We will be in Amsterdam Nov. 4-7. Thanks in advance. Also any bluse or jazz music. Any one know what Lucky Otis is doing?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

Thanks very much for wanting my response but Geooff and Bas are the real experts. I don't live in Amsterdam and know some restaurants of course but I mainly know where to find reviews.

Good and inexpensive? what sort of cuisine and what sort of atmosphere, is something necessary to know.

Some names: Claes Claesz, Damsteeg, De Belhamel, De Roode Leeuw, Haesje Claes (find through a search at Yahoo or Google) and lots more.

You can search at www.diningcity.com or www.iens.nl

My own favourite (but not really cheap) is www.fiveflies.nl

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

I know my place , dutchguy , lol !! (smiley ) I agree Haesje Claes is just about the most affordable Dutch/International place in Amsterdam but its is again not exactly cheap , but excettional value IMO.

de Kroonprins is also good. For Chinese , Treasure and Wing Kee.

For Italian , Saturnino . For Vietnamese, Welcome. Steakhouses all tend to be around the same price , but Gouchos and TER are consistant for quality.. There are many more of course , but a few for you to look at for the moment.

As well as the sites mentioned by dutchguy , see INSIDER, dining scene, at this site. Also www.amsterdam-restaurants.com.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

ooppps , that last adress should be , www.amsterdam-eating.com

santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Thanks for the info. I guess your name just stood out with the "dutch" in it. But now I see geoff boxer all over the place. We leave tomorrow for Paris and then ride our bikes to Amsterdam.I like this forum site.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

I am always dubious about defining "inexpensive" restaurants - one man's meat etc,......

But good restaurants in Amsterdam include the Kroon (On the Rembrandtplein); Nam Tin for Chinese (thought the Dynasty is better and more stylish!); Blau in de Wall in the RLD; and De Kas. which is in the city's former nurseries and serves the freshest of fresh vegetables. For a great funky night (though not cheap!) it has to be the Supperclub - very eclectic but great great fun!!

Janvier on the Amstelveld is good (at long last!!) and there are numerous new restaurants that have opened up in the Utrechtsestraat in the past few months that they are all vying for custom; all of them are great and will not break the bank! One of them (Herrie in de Keuken) is set up by a large TV (that's television, not transvestite!) chef who is very popular here!

The city's most popular jazz sessions are to be found at the Bourbon St Cafe, especially on Sunday evenings!

6. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 24, 2009