We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Hr. Lay Over enough time to see Zaans Schans from Schipo?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
10 Hr. Lay Over enough time to see Zaans Schans from Schipo?

We have a 10 hour lay over and I thought we could go and visit Zaans Schans while we were there. Is there enough time to take the train from the airport there and back? How much time should I allow for transportation, and getting back through customs? We arrive at 10:25 am and we leave at 8:30 p.m.

Is there a direct train or do we have to switch.

Any other suggestions or information is appreciated. There are 5 of us traveling, including my 5 year old twins, myself, husband and my father.

Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 10 Hr. Lay Over enough time to see Zaans Schans from Schipo?

That would be very wise I think. If a train unfortunately happens to be late or cancelled, you don't have many other travelling options to fall back on. Execept perhaps a taxi but that would certainly cost a small fortune... And even that isn't a guarantee you'll be on time with all those nasty traffic jams in and around Amsterdam (on weekdays).

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 10 Hr. Lay Over enough time to see Zaans Schans from Schipo?

I am glad to see that Marcel46 added a little bit to my post.

HLester3, did you really mean you come from Calfironia ;-?

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 10 Hr. Lay Over enough time to see Zaans Schans from Schipo?

Well, at least we agree with eachother, eirelover......

Would be something to have a totally different answer...heheheheheh ;-)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: 10 Hr. Lay Over enough time to see Zaans Schans from Schipo?

bas1st - I am probably missing something here but...

We are flying from California (SF) and have the 10 hour lay over in Amsterdam on the way to Cairo. Our final destination is Nairobi. We have another lay over on our returnt trip through Amsterdam for 4 hours back to San Francisco.

Heather

15. Re: 10 Hr. Lay Over enough time to see Zaans Schans from Schipo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 20, 2009