We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric cigarettes

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Electric cigarettes

Hi,

Would anybody be able to tell me if they are legal? Is vaping generally accepted in Amersterdam?

Thanks

21 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,605 posts
82 reviews
11. Re: Electric cigarettes

Thanks. I've never seen someone actually use one (not that I'm aware of).

Must have something to do with the whole 'image'/ so-called coolness thing (which I never quite got)... the reason people start smoking in the first place. Must be hard to let that go.

State of Sao Paulo
2 posts
12. Re: Electric cigarettes

I'll be in Amsterdam next month, so can anyone tell me a good vape/eletronic cigarette shop in town?

State of Sao Paulo
2 posts
13. Re: Electric cigarettes

Im going to Amsterdam next month, so can please anyone tall me a good place to buy electronic cigarette stuff?

thanks, cheers from Brasil

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,605 posts
82 reviews
14. Re: Electric cigarettes

Ola Mohammed, just go to any tobacco / cigarette shop. Type 'tabakswinkel amsterdam' in Google Maps and it will show you where they are.

2 posts
15. Re: Electric cigarettes

VAPEXPO Amsterdam – the first international vape industry exhibition will take place in Amsterdam on 29-30 July 2016.

You can find more information about the event program on our website: vapeexpo.nl

2 posts
16. Re: Electric cigarettes

VAPEXPO Amsterdam – the first international vape industry exhibition will take place in Amsterdam on 29-30 July 2016.

You can find more information about the event program on our website: vapeexpo.nl

Maryland
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
6 reviews
17. Re: Electric cigarettes

Be sure to plan to purchase e-cigs when you get there. Airlines are on the verge of banning them from both carry-on and hold luggage due to the potentiality of bursting into flames or explosions under cabin pressure.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,605 posts
82 reviews
18. Re: Electric cigarettes

Whoa @ #17! And there everyone was, fearing terrorism.

Maryland
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
6 reviews
19. Re: Electric cigarettes

Cecilia-

interesting point --

I have heard people tell me they have been secretly using the e-cigs in plane washrooms because they thought it would be OK and not set off the smoke detector.

And the very recent EgyptAir tragedy supposedly reported a smoke-fire incident in one of the washrooms before dropping from radar according to BBC reports.

New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
20. Re: Electric cigarettes

They are legal in Amsterdam and i googled and found a few stores jwell.nl/en/content/9-your-electronic-cigare…

Why not just take your own, just make sure the batteries and juice are in your carryon, not your checked luggage . I've never had a problem taking them there and they are not banned on planes yet. Just check with your carrier, Easyjet has some restrictions on the amount of batteries you can bring. Just don't use it onboard in the bathroom!!

Reply to: Electric cigarettes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted