We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on What to Do and See?

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions on What to Do and See?

Dear Forum,

My girlfriend and I are having our first holiday together in Amsterdam (18th - 21st August)

Any suggestions on what to do and see, during a 3 day stay in Amsterdam?

Any suggestions or itineraries welcome :)

Kind Regards

Joshua

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,529 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

Hi Joshua,

Totally depends on your tastes, hence impossible to give proper advice apart from the almost-compulsory 1 hour canal boat trip. Have a look at TA's list

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g188590-Activiti…

but if you have more questions on this list, or a more precise profile of what rings a bell in each of you ;-), please respond here.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

NL
Level Contributor
978 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

Check this website with lots of information and possible events. http://www.iamsterdam.com/en-GB/Experience

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

First holiday and already at a loss for things to do?! ;-)

Well for some it is doing 5 museums in 1 day. Other people enjoy getting falling-over intoxicated. Yet others don't care for either and like to just walk around. Everyone is different.

Look here:

What to do: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experience/what-to-do

3 day itinerary suggestion: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…72-hours

You will get better recommendations if you say what you like and dislike and whether you're on a tight budget or it doesn't really matter.

Have fun,

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 6:57 am, July 24, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

For sure:

-Eiffel tower

-Schloss Schönbrunn

-Matterhorn

-Colloseum

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,446 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

Hi Joshua. I'm not expert but am only answering for two reasons. My son's name is Joshua and we're going to visit him in Europe and I just spent two full weeks researching the Amsterdam forum (this site) trying to figure out what we'll do in Amsterdam. Top Questions and the expert here have helped.

It's your first post, so Welcome to the forum, but you don't have a lot of time to plan your trip and nobody here can do it for you since nobody here is a travel agent.

You need to figure out what interests you and "read-up" --- such as what the experts above suggest.

I hope you already have your lodging. There are over 1,000 "things to do in Amsterdam." You only have time to do what interests you. Our choices for two days are: Wandering the streets within the Canal Area, Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House, Canal Tour.

You have three days --- very soon. You don't say where you're coming from. Best to get busy, reading the forum and Top Questions and everything the experts mention above. Time is passing.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

Moulin Rouge or Casa Rosso may be worth a look :-)

Have a fun trip

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,019 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

LOL Flexen ;-)

8. Re: Suggestions on What to Do and See?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 27, 2015