We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,274 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

As a tourist you might not pick this up from the local media and some may be interested in participating. The city has approved a request for a silent candlelight march in memory of the victims from MH17. Its starting point is Dam Square at 8 PM on Wednesday. From there the people will walk some route thru the center although at this moment the route is being finalized with the municipal authorities.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,920 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

should be able to see live on this webcam..

www.madametussauds.com/Amsterdam/Webcam.aspx

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,828 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

My thoughts are with all people who are grieving about a family member, a friend, a neighbour or just about all those victims of this terrible disaster.

May they rest in peace.

K K
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

May all souls RIP. The ceremony was very touching @Eindhoven, the bells and then the silence across the country and the orderly convoy to Hilversum. Next two days - NOS says that same routine at 4pm will be followed for remaining victims.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

Watching on webcam of Dam Square.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

Two weeks ago today I flew to Eindhoven - what joy.

Today, at Eindhoven - what sorrow.

I cannot express the sadness and complete horror I feel over the events of the past few days.

I'm about to light a candle here in Ireland and leave it to burn for a couple of hours (it's 7pm as opposed to 8pm there with you as you start your March) and will be with you all in Sprirt.

My heartfelt sympathies to the friends and families of those who lost their lives.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

My sincere simpathies go out to all the victims and relatives...what a terrible time this must be for the netherlands.. I am in amsterdam on friday 25 th of july and would like to pay my respects whilst there,,does anybody know if there are any memoriails dedicated to the victims in the city centre....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

Just want to express my deepest condolence and sympathy to all who suffer from this tragedy. May all victims rest in peace in the other world.

We had completed a smooth and nice trip to Amsterdam and its surrounding cities in May, with much thanks to all experts' advices and info under this travel forum. What a lovely country and people we met ... so shocked and sad when we know this big tragedy.

18. Re: FYI: Silent candlelight march Wed eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 26, 2015