We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat cafe

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,982 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Boat cafe

Somebody told me that there is a restaurant/cafe close to the Anne Frank Huis, where you can take your order to a boat on the canal. I can´t remember such a cafe but as I´m in the city on Tuesday, when it will be pretty hot, it might perhaps be a nice option for a break.

Do you know perhaps which cafe is meant and what is the name? And is it recommendable?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat cafe

P96? www.p96.nl

Café p96 has outdoor seating on top of a house boat. No personal experience. Enjoy your trip!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,982 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat cafe

Thank you very much, it seems that this will be the mentioned one.

This time I must visit the usual touristy places because I´m with a friend who hasn´t been at Amsterdam very often

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat cafe

I've never stopped there, but it does look heel gezellig up on the boat. Hopefully they're all done with the sewer and utility work on Prinsengracht.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat cafe

Maybe this one? G's brunch boat?

www.yourlittleblackbook.me/nl/gs-brunch-boat/ (> great website for lots of other hotspots!)

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,982 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat cafe

We found this Cafe P96 yesterday but didn´t jumped in. Just in front of it there was some very loud construction work going on, not very comfortable, and beside this it was full:-)

Edited: 2:18 am, July 23, 2014
Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,982 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat cafe

I have forgotten to mention that we headed to Cafe De II Prinsen, not far away, and had a nice cold beer there. They offer some special (and unknown to us) beer types and brands. Unfortunately we couldn´t get any food, except apple tarte, and so we walked back to the center and had a simple but tasty late lunch at Cafe t ´ Gasthuys, close to our meeting point with a family member.

It was another perfect day in Amsterdam but it was pretty tricky to get hold of any outside seats of the cafes :-)

Edited: 5:12 pm, July 23, 2014
7. Re: Boat cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 25, 2015