We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

Hi guys, what's the best way to get from Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee for a day trip back and forth? How much does it cost for the transportation?

Will it be cold in August there?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

www.9292.nl/en for train times and prices. It takes half an hour.

In August it might be between 12 and 35 degrees Celcius. Sunny or cloudy or rainy or stormy. We don't know yet. :-)

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4gHwZebrys

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

Thank you. do I need to prebook the ticket or can I just go to the Amsterdam Central Station and get one in August?

4. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:04 pm, September 08, 2014
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,129 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

No prebooking possible here. No seat guarantee either, but on a non-sunny August day plenty of seats ;-)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya[

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

And watch your belongings on the beach....

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

So does the train leave at Central station, correct? If so, which front desk that I need to go to get the ticket, for which train?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

Yes, from Amsterdam Central Station, or from Amsterdam Sloterdijk.

You can buy a ticket from one of the machines. Or from a person at the ticket counter, at an extra charge. Probably best to buy a return ticket in Amsterdam because I doubt the Zandvoort station has any ticket desk; and the ticket machine there probably only takes coins.

Usually the train from Amsterdam to Haarlem and Zandvoort leaves from dead-end platform 1 (in case of Amsterdam Central Station), way on the west side of the station (It doesn't run all the way through the station like all the other tracks!). But check the boards to be sure.

The direct ones go at 19 and 49 past the hour. Or if you don't mind a change in Haarlem, there are some extra ones at 04 or 34 past the hour with a change in Haarlem. www.9292.nl/en or www.ns.nl/en

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

I am in Amsterdam now. How's the weather down the Zandvoort? Would there be people? I looked at weather forecast and it shows raining. Should I just stay in Amsterdam or still try to go to Zandvoort for a beach experience?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amsterdam to Beach Zandvoort aan Zee

If your idea of a "beach experience" is laying on the beach and taking an occasional dip then stay in Amsterdam.

If your idea is to visit some beachside cafes and bars, then you might still consider it.

Holland beach communities have a certain vibe all their own but with a predicted high of 64°F tomorrow it will not be an ideal day.