We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

Hi,

I have a group of 10 friends visiting Amsterdam in Oct. We are looking for a nice large apartment or similar for our 2 night stay, that has at least 4 bedrooms, but accomodates up to 10.

Does anybody know of any that are close to the centre and reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance!

Stace

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

Please define "reasonably priced". Your definition might be completely different than someone else's.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,702 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

Also you will not get very many apartments - if any of that type - that will rent out for only two nights. The usual minimum stay is three.

Having said that, as it is October and not peak season, it might be worth looking at www.airbnb.com. You'll have to do the leg work yourself though.

Manchester, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

We are looking at around €1000 for the weekend.

I shall try that website, thank you!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

There are quite a few on airbnb but you might struggle a bit on 1000euros.

Setubal, Portugal
Level Contributor
162 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

1000 is really difficult. I've been looking for a place for8 and finding a good deal was... tough.

do check: flipkey.com

We ended up booking corner House hotel on dam square under our budget :) several rooms and not appartment conditions (no cooking...) but location location location will be danm worth it

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,970 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

the cornerhouse is in an awesome location. around the corner from dam square next to new church. it is above its namesake bar. but keep in mind it is a 2* hotel. ive heard it is a clean hotel but if you are looking for amenities you will not find it there.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

hi , you should be ok at Cornerhouse , as Steve states an excellent central location with tram stop a few yards away. It has been under new ownership for around five years and it is my understanding that it is still OK. Standards under the pervious owner were very high... geoff

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,205 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

Don't see the Cornerhouse mentioned as much as it was in the past but it has always been a well reviewed popular hotel.

Noise though may be an issue for any moderately light sleepers.

Setubal, Portugal
Level Contributor
162 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

hey guys, thanx for the feedback about corner house hotel!!!

for what i've read here on TA corner house has undergone major renovations, so i'm expecting something modern but most of all clean and neat!

i know it's a 2 star, but i preffer to splurge on other things (sightseeing and experiencing the city mainly) and still have central location. and we've got great prices!!!

oh, we're going on NYE so we know it will be loud!

Edited: 6:29 pm, June 14, 2014
Manchester, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Group Accommodation for 10 - Close to centre

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I will take a look at the cornerhouse! We are mainly looking for somewhere central that will fit us all, so amenities are not a huge priority as we don't plan to spend any time at the accommodation other than to shower and sleep!

Thanks again 😊