We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

random questions! :)

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
random questions! :)

Hi! My friend and I are traveling to Amsterdam for the first time this July. We we'll be there ten days between july 17_27..we are staying near vondelpark. I have a few questions.

1. When leaving the airport with two medium sized suitcases, would our be safe/easy to take a bus? If so, which one? Or should we get a taxi?

2. We wanted to go to belgium for a night. Would it be easy for us to rent a car and find our way? How long by car would it be?

3. Where in Belgium can we best enjoy drinking some good beer and going to a brewery?

4. Where in Amsterdam are the best edibles? (Muffins, cookies, ect...) my friend and I are looking to enjoy ourselves ...

5. Where is the best reggae coffeeshop?

6. Best breakfast in coffeeshops around vondelpark?

Thanks for any help!

Redding, California
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: random questions! :)

Check the top questions about Amsterdam to the right of this column.

For questions about Belgium, post in the specific Belgium forums.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: random questions! :)

Hi -

1, It is safe and easy to take a bus. Which one depends on where you stay - Vondelpark is very big and 'near Vondlepark' is not very descriptive. I always take a taxi to and from the airport myself.

2. Take a train to Belgium!

3. For breweries in Belgium see the Belgium forum. For breweries in Amsterdam, try here: http://www.brouwerijhetij.nl/splash-page-nl/

4. You will find all kinds of bakeries - I like Madame Pompadour myself for more upscale chocolates and pastries: http://www.pompadour-amsterdam.nl/en/

5. Info about Raggae coffeeshops can be found here: coffeeshopdirect.info/viewtopic.php?t=12334

6. Best coffeeshops around Vondelpark can be found here : coffeeshopdirect.info/viewtopic.php?t=1678

Have fun!! MMK

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: random questions! :)

have a look at this site www.coffeeshopdirect.com

Edited: 7:41 am, June 09, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: random questions! :)

I think Q4 regarding 'edibles' may have been referring to space pastry.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: random questions! :)

For public transport feom the airport and anywhere else in the Netherlands use www.9292.nl/en. It will show you various options on the left after your search. You can also click to see maps.

Another vote for Brouwerij 't IJ beer brewer under a windmill in Amsterdam.

Don't combine all the coffeeshop fun with a rental car ;-)

Just take trains to Ghent, loads of good beer cafes and restaurants, and it's a beautiful town with a medieval castle in the middle. You can easily combine it with Bruges. About 3.5 to 4 hours travel time one-way from Amsterdam to those towns (and 30 minutes between Ghent and Bruges) so at least one night there is a good idea. If you want less travel time but really feel the need to tick Belgium off some list, go to Antwerp.

www.seat61.com for train info, www.nshispeed.nl or www.b-europe.com for tickets.

The Netherlands also have loads of interesting towns within short travel time of Amsterdam so no need to go to Belgium per se...

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

6. Re: random questions! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 11, 2015