We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry

We were ending a 15 day cruise with 3 days on the front end -- total of 18 days on the road. Completely out of clothes. Ship wanted a fortune to launder. Hotel was no better on price. Concierge claimed he could not locate a pickup and drop off laundry service. The closest doityourself laundry was 15 minutes with hours of cleaning which we really did not want to do as it would take away from our sightseeing. Found this place on the internet. Booked a pickup late afternoon at the hotel. Did a full family load. It was timely picked up. The next day I received an email that the delivery was 20 minutes out. We were in town. So paid by CC and they left with the concierge. All laundry items were returned. Everything clean and folded. My wife asked that a piece be laundered but boy dried, it was returned in a separate bag wet which she then hung to dry. Can't say enough great things about this company -- a life saver for us. Great service, friendly people, most helpful.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry

Sorry, forgot to give the name. It is Fresh Folds at www.freshfolds.nl apologize for leaving that out.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,837 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry

<<Concierge claimed he could not locate a pickup and drop off laundry service.>>

Concierge needs to get a new job or learn how to use Google. Name and shame please. There's a few places that will collect and drop off in Amsterdam.

Thanks for posting though.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry

Phil G - Would you mind sharing cost?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry

i always use the same place,, just off the Nieuwmarkt,, drop off at 8am ready by 3pm,, its on Monnikenstraat,, ja few door down from the Jolly joker,

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,837 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry

TrevelBug prices are on their website, just scroll down. Also in English.

http://www.freshfolds.nl/en/

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry

Ronaldo,

I don't think it's the job of the hotel's concierge to tell you where you can get your laundry done cheaper than at the hotel.

Edited: 3:04 pm, June 05, 2014
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry

sure its the Concierge's job,, he should know everything about his city,, if it be where to do laundry or getting tickets to an event , its his job

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,837 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry

I always though a concierge's role was to help the customers of the hotel he works for. So if they asked for a restaurant recommendation should he refuse to help because the hotel has a restaurant which is not as good and more expensive? Or only be able to tell then to drink in the hotel bar?

Nonsense. He either lied or cant use google.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry

I would use Fresh Folds just because they have an awesome website. Sorta like how I buy wine by the label and pick horses by their name!

Thanks for the tip!

10. Re: Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 10, 2015