We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
9 posts
Things to do

I will be in Amsterdam tonight and tomorrow night. Looking for advice on things to do and "must sees" while there. What area should I look to stay in? Any advice on the above as well as places to stay would be appreciated.

I land there in a few hours, will take the train to city center and then don't know where to go, where to stay or what to do. What an adventure. I'm excited but a little nervous.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,357 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Things to do

Look at the Top Question to the right of this forum 'What is there to see and do?' then make your own call.

Paris, France
9 posts
2. Re: Things to do

I'm on an iPhone and don't see it on this little screen. What would you advise?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,594 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: Things to do

You land in a few hours and don't have a place to stay? Good luck...

The entire center is fine.

What to see and do: www.iamsterdam.com > what to do.

Or go to the tourist info center opposite Central Station and ask if they can help find accommodation, and things to do.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,099 posts
111 reviews
4. Re: Things to do

It seems that you are pretty adventurous and spontaneous, I have read your other post:-))

I would take Cecile´s advice and ask at the tourist office, otherwise it would be a game of chance to get an available hotel room for a reasonable price.

How did you manage to book a room at Berlin and Kopenhagen? And where you do plan to go next? Back to Berlin?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,556 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Things to do

Download the Priceline app and use NYOP to find a hotel. Bid on 4 or 5 star in the center. You may get a room for under 100 bucks.

6. Re: Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 29, 2015