We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It Leidseplein right for us

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
It Leidseplein right for us

Been looking at all areas and think this may be the right area for us. We like to wander shops and markets during day time but at night we would like to stay close to our hotel ( we have not booked yet ) but we like to be in an area that has things happening at night. Close to restaurants and pubs . Would this be the best area for us .

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,665 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

Yes.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

Yes.

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

So happy to hear . I have been stressing. Now I have to find somewhere to stay

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,542 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

Leidseplein is one of the busiest areas in Amsterdam. Also very close to the major museums and shopping areas so for your requirements sounds right.

Alao easily reachable from the airport by the 197 bus.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
76 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

I would not limit your search to just the Leidseplein area. You might also consider:

1. Rembrandtplein - Lots of clubs, bars and restaurants

2. The Spui (near the American Book Center) which is also close to the 9 Streets, the Kalverstraat and the Rokin

3. Marie Heinekenplein - Lots of choice in small and funky restaurants and bars of the Pijp neighborhood. Also very close to the Albert Cuyp Market

To be honest, all of these places are within easy walking distance of each other (20 minutes tops) and most of the major things around Amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

Yes the entire city center has bars, restaurants and things happening at night. But Leidseplein is most convenient for that plus museums and other highlights. You can't really go wrong if you book anywhere in the center. Also have a look at this: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c115136/Amste…

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,665 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

Give some details about the type of place you are looking to stay in and you will get some help.

Jersey
Level Contributor
280 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

We stayed at Best Western Leidse Square a few years ago and found it in an excellent location to Vondel Park, museum Plein and Leidseplein. They also offer good rates. Reviews below

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

We are wanting something clean, with a/c , tv , ensuite and wifi, must have an elevator. We are not young and hubby has just recovered from a broken back so too many stairs would not do., would also prefare the room to be under $180 au a night.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,665 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It Leidseplein right for us

I think after your previous post you have now determined the general area where you want to stay. If you refer back to that thread you will see a post from MrJohnMD that provides a link that I think will be the most help in determining the hotel you want to stay in.

Should you like further recommendations, see here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsNear-g188590-d189382…