We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

damrak hotel

leicester, england
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Topic
damrak hotel

has any one stayed at the damrak is it ok

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: damrak hotel

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188590-d231320…

If it is an extreme budget hotel, don't expect much of anything. Damrack is kind of tacky/seedy and noisy.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: damrak hotel

Well, I should have reread above -

1. I meant "Damrak" the area, I don't know the hotel personally

2. It's spelled Damrak (not the way I spelled it!)

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: damrak hotel

If you look for a budget hotel, I think you would be better off at the Corner House (after reading the reviews in the link above) :

http://www.hotelcornerhouse.nl/indexe.html

The website does not mention their fares: it's EUR35 for 1 person in the room, EUR70 for 2

(I did not stay there, it has been recommanded a few times on this forum).

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: damrak hotel

remember....basic in Amsterdam MEANS basic and not always clean. ALWAYS, check reviews for a clearer idea of an establishment.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: damrak hotel

avoid Hotel Damrak at all costs , Cornerhouse is now euro 40 single , 80 doublel

dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: damrak hotel

Do not, and i mean do not stay in this hotel i ran out of it on friday (11th aug,2007)......stay somewhere else

leicester, england
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: damrak hotel

we are 3 lads in our 20's and only really need a bed as long as there are no bugs in the bed i will be happy we booked this hotel as it was close to teasers which has gone but still want to be in this area and with only 2 1/2 weeks to go i wont find any where els

dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: damrak hotel

heya rob1978 believe me you will find somewhere eles i will even look up a few hotels for you myself and pay you not to stay in this hotel....and thats a promise.

dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: damrak hotel

rob 1978 can i ask how much you are paying for damrak hotel and for how long two nights or three.

wales
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: damrak hotel

Ive stayed in this hotel, and it is a seedy dump, its one of those not so rare finds in amsterdam where everything seems grubby and dirty, I stayed there one night and left for the hotel singel (which is a superb little hotel)