We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner canal cruise

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Escondido...
Level Contributor
372 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner canal cruise

We are going to be visiting in Sept this year and would like to take an evening dinner cruise. I would prefer something more casual than formal. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner canal cruise

ive learned over 8 years on this forum that dinner cruises generally, how should i put this, suck.

you should take a canal cruise, sans dinner, around dusk then dinner afterwards.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner canal cruise

Steve -

You have certainly learned how to put it well.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
372 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner canal cruise

Your probably right. Good suggestion. Maybe a wine and cheese canal tour then dinner. Any suggestions on favorite restaurants?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner canal cruise

Parris -

Where are you staying?

This place will provide all the night time magic of the canals:

http://www.belhamel.nl/

Edited: 8:41 pm, May 04, 2014
Escondido...
Level Contributor
372 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner canal cruise

We are staying at the #1 B&B on Tripadvisor. I booked it a while back. We are traveling with friends. It's their first trip to Amsterdam and our second. Only 134 more days. 😃. But who's counting.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner canal cruise

A user here on TripAdvisor called Juejosh much prefers the wine and cheese cruises by Rederij Kooij over any other companies she tried. Better taste and bigger portions. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g188590-d3…

I only ever tried one company for the wine & cheese tour but that was so long ago I don't remember.

Happy counting!

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 9:15 pm, May 04, 2014
Escondido...
Level Contributor
372 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner canal cruise

Thanks Cecile. I will check them out. I took one also in 2006 but forget the name. Just being in Amsterdam and cruising the canals is enough beauty for me.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner canal cruise

Not so much asking a name as much as location (general) to make restaurant recommendations.

9. Re: Dinner canal cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 06, 2015