We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof and OV-chipkaart

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
8 posts
Save Topic
Keukenhof and OV-chipkaart

Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be visiting Amsterdam for a week in the second week of May. We plan on spending ~4 days in Amsterdam and 3 days in Den Haag (which would include a visit to Delft and Scheveningen). While in Amsterdam, we will be staying close to Vondelpark for 2 nights and near Rembrandtpark for another 2 nights. Would getting an anonymous OV-chipkaart would be more economical for us than buying the disposable cards?

We also plan on visiting Keukenhof while we are in Amstedam. On the park's website, it said that we can purchase the CombiTickets from Amsterdam in advance for 28€. Since our accommodation is walking distance to the Leidseplein bus station, this looks like a good deal.

My question is, if we buy the CombiTickets now but won't be buying the anonymous OV-chipkaart until after we have arrived at the Amstel bus station, how would that bus fare be transferred onto the OV-chipkaart (e.g. would we show the advance CombiTickets at the counter where we buy the OV-chipkaart and the staff would transfer the amount on the the card?) Unless we just have to show the driver the printout receipts of the CombiTickets and don't have to tap-in and tap-out with the OV-card when we get on bus #197 and bus #858.

Thank you!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,072 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof and OV-chipkaart

Hi there,

Generally no need for an anonymous card, see the top question on this. Disposable day tickets per city-region work out cheaper.

Indeed for this combiticket you don't check in and out, you simply show the driver.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,299 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof and OV-chipkaart

For me now the Amsterdam region ticket is better value than the K'hof combi ticket. Not only does it cover the 197 and 858 buses you get transport on all GVB trams etc and other bus routes for 24 hours and it will only cost 50 cents more than the combi ticket. you need to buy a separate K'hof ticket but you can either do that online or at the gardens.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof and OV-chipkaart

And have a look on this thread to see the actual blooming status of Keukenhof tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k72585…

Nina

Toronto
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof and OV-chipkaart

Thank you very much for all your suggestions!

The reason why I wasn't sure if getting the disposable tickets would be more economical for us than the anonymous OV-cards is because our ~4 days in Amsterdam are actually split into two. Here's our schedule:

Day 1: Arrive at the Amstel bus terminal in the afternoon around 14:30. Settle in at our accommodation near Vondelpark, and spend the evening around the Museumplein and De Pijp areas.

Day 2: Keukenhof in the morning until the afternoon. Back in Amsterdam and explore the city some more.

Day 3-5: Leave for Den Haag in the morning of day 3 and stay there for 2 nights. Visit Delft and Scheveningen while we are there.

Day 5-6: Go back to Amsterdam in the morning (this time staying even further out-west, near Rembrandtpark) of day 5. Explore the other neigbourhoods.

Day 7: Flight back home in the early afternoon.

Given our schedule, I wasn't sure if the multi-day disposable tickets would work out cheaper..

As for Keukenhof, the tulips are probably past their peaks by the time we get there. But that's okay.. there would be other flowers and the garden would be just as beautiful.. right?

Thanks again!

5. Re: Keukenhof and OV-chipkaart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 01, 2015