We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Naples to Amsterdam ?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
132 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Naples to Amsterdam ?

Is it possible to come by train from Naples to Amsterdam ? Is there a convenient overnight train ? I could make no headway with the trenitalia website on this one.

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,631 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Naples to Amsterdam ?

Hi there,

Not easy. The best site for long-distance train travels is often www.db.de. There is definitely a convenient night train from North Italy to Germany and often Netherlands also, but Naples to North Italy sounds like another 8+ hours to be so will complicate a lot.

Budget flights, like Rome-Amsterdam, will probably beat this setup easily even in being cheaper!

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,639 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Naples to Amsterdam ?

Not easy at all. There are several options but the best looks like this....

Euro night train: Napoli - Munich depart 19:30 arrive 09:26

ICE 518: Munich - Duisberg depart 11:26 arrive 16:46

ICE 124: Duisberg - Arnhem depart 16:53 arrive 18:03

IC 3062: Arnhem - Amsterdam depart 18:08 arrive 19:16

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
132 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Naples to Amsterdam ?

Thanks alot, guys.

Sounds really comlicated. I think Transavia's direct flight certainly makes more sense. Reason for train rather that plane is I just love train rides, the longer the better. But this sounds too complex even for me.

But thanks very very much for such detailed tips so quickly. You guys are really quite amazing

4. Re: Train from Naples to Amsterdam ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 12, 2009