We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel Golden Tulip West

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Hotel Golden Tulip West

Hi everyone,

Me and my friend are staying in the Hotel Golden Tulip West arriving at the start of April. I know there are a few ways in getting to the hotel - taxi, train, bus. I am looking to know what is the best way to get to the hotel. We land approx 11:00am on Monday 7th.

Also, around the hotel area, are there any nice cafe's/restaurants to go for breakfast or are we better to eat in the centre?

Many thanks for your help

Niall

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
47,125 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hotel Golden Tulip West

Hi there,

General info here

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s301/Amsterda…

and cheapest fast way is train to Sloterdijk (on the route to Centraal) and then either 10-15 mins walk or 2 stops on the tram 12. Sounds like you'd go out into town anyway later in the day as it's a bit isolated, hence buy a GVB (multi-)day card then tram 12 ride is included in it. Even cheaper but slow is direct bus airport to Sloterdijk, line 69, but that takes 45-60 minutes as opposed the 12 minutes for the train; it's a GVB bus hence included in same multi-day card.

The vicinity does not have much in terms of B'fast places except for the kiosks at Sloterdijk station.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hotel Golden Tulip West

Brilliant - thank you for your help

3. Re: Airport to Hotel Golden Tulip West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 29, 2015