We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute question!!!!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
Last minute question!!!!

From past threads I know there are trains from the airport to the center of town, but in our travel package they've given us shuttle vouchers. As we are only in Amsterdam for three short days, I'd rather not waste one minute waiting for the shuttle to stop at 90 hotels before it gets to ours. What is the FASTEST way in? The train? Taxi?

Thanks

VG

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute question!!!!

Train. EUR 3,60 per person, it will lead you bang in downtown in less than 15 minutes. Taxis, manoeuvring through traffic, could hardly beat that, and they will be pricey on top of it.

Again, I wish you do enjoy Amsterdam!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute question!!!!

Hi there.

You are at the Krasnapolsky I believe to have read somewhere....

If the shuttle is payed for........ Taxi is too expensive anyway....EUR 40 at least....

Train can be found in the arrivals hall, but the domestic ticketcounters are usually very busy..... Unless you would have a debit card, and take the one way ticket out of one of the yellow machines in the arrivals hall Schiphol Plaza, you will probably loose a lot of time queing up for tickets at the counter.....thus lossing as much time as you would waiting and hopping the shuttle.....

If you decide to take the train, it will be a EUR 3.60 train one way to central and 2 strips on the strippenkaart for either tram 4, 9, 16 or 24, exit Dam Square, somewhat EUR1.50, or walk 10 - 15 minutes to your hotel on Dam Square.....

You decide..........whatever you do, have fun, I might see you there...

i will visit the tournament first day as well.... ;-)

Regards

Marcel

Manhattan
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute question!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Stay tuned for trip report...

VG

4. Re: Last minute question!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 14, 2009